As you can see, I have a new website! It is a work in progress since I still need to add more content, including paintings, new statements and events. But we are going live today! Here are some of the features I love about the new site:
- Portfolio: you can see a fancy new slider with my Recent Series. In the Portfolio page (even in the homepage) you can observe my most recent work and/or current series together, with the ability of filtering the pieces by series. You will notice that I have a lot more work on BotanINK since it is my oldest series, but I will be adding more new pieces from the “I am” and “Places” series in the near future.
- Details, Texture and Social Media: When you open the Portfolio slider, you can easily browse between close up images of the pieces to better appreciate their detail, texture and color. IMPORTANT: When you click on the “See the Entire Piece” link or on the tittle of each piece on the slider, it will open in a separate window that allows you to appreciate the whole image in a bigger size, and inquire about the piece, like it on Facebook, pin it to Pinterest and/or leave comments right there.
- Statement… evolving: More like a journal than a static statement, I am planning to write about my creative process and how it is always changing and adapting as I paint.
- Social Media: The new site features many ways to stay connected via different social media outlets, allowing you to like me on Facebook, follow me on Instagram and Pinterest, join my Mailing List, seeing live my Instagram feed (at the bottom of the site) or any Instagram photos with the #andreinadavila hashtag.
- Events slider: I have to populate it yet, but the slider at the top of the site will offer simple access to news and events. In the coming weeks I will stay relatively quiet in terms of events, since my main priority is to create new work and build up a larger inventory for my newest series.
Please let me know what you think, or if you have ideas on how to make it better, by leaving me a comment below. Hopefully it is not too late to implement them,